Launch Your Mind Lab (LYMLab)
IT is pleased to announce the launch of a new offering: the Launch Your Mind Lab (LYMLab). In cooperation with Troy University Libraries, IT will launch a physical presence; the lab will be housed on the 2nd floor of Wallace Hall Library in Troy, AL. In the Innovation Lab, student and faculty will have the opportunity to interact with a wide-variety of new technologies, collaborate on projects or work independently on research.
The LYMLab’s approach differs from that of other university labs, operating model, and governance. First, it accepts any student from any Troy college with any idea, fostering cross-disciplinary, cross-university collaboration. The LYMLab resources support student ventures spanning art, entrepreneurship, health and sciences, technology. Second, it is student centered and faculty enabled, with programming supplied by the Information technology department to help students take their ideas as far as they can go. Third, the LYMLab serves as a new model for university collaboration among all disciplines.
Troy Campus Lab
The LYMLab is housed on the 2nd floor of Wallace Hall and consists of nearly 800 square feet of space, with more than 5 collaboration stations, most with projection capability, whiteboard walls, and a snacks and drinks area. There will 1 additional meeting/video conference suite on the 1st floor in the coming months as well.
The lab will house over $50,000 worth of technology donated by Troy University’s technology partners. Current partners include Howard Technology, Epson, Kyser Furniture, Okidata, Lenovo, AxisTV, Spectrum, Crestron, and Dalite. The design and donations were acquired by the Troy, AL Technical Services.
- All-in-one solution — accommodates your Epson ultra-short-throw projector, whiteboard and laptop
- Versatile — works with a standard or interactive whiteboard; supports 16:10 boards
Epson Short Throw Projector - BrightLink Pro 1430Wi integrates the utility of your whiteboard, projector and interactive display and easily connects to video conferencing equipment. It turns any surface into an interactive area on which you can annotate. Remote participants can use their mobile devices2 and write to the digital whiteboard in real time. Share notes easily; save, email or print directly - no PC or software required. Just turn it on and start writing with the pens or your fingers. Need more space? Add pages. It's the simplicity of white boarding, modernized for today's workforce.
Standard features include:
- Seats 4- 6
- Islands for accommodating electronics/grommets
- Large base with access for cable routing and device storage/mounting
- 10U drop-in basic rack with locking access doors
- Sturdy — wide leg base, wheel locks and height-setting mechanism for stability during your presentation
- Easy to use and secure — add the optional storage lock box and side or rear laptop trays
- Optional display stand provides ability to attach most monitors (37"-63" diagonal)
- Ventilated, locking access panels with double-bolt, keyed locks provide security, easy access, and cooling to internal equipment
- Leveling glides keep table level on uneven surfaces
- ADA-compliant knee clearance under work surface
Lenovo Horizon - Use the HORIZON 2s as an all-in-one PC with the wireless keyboard and mouse and the optional charging stand or lay it flat and enjoy an unprecedented multi-user experience, using it as a new category of device — a tabletop PC. With a spacious 19.5" display, HORIZON 2s is still amazingly slim and light, at just 0.6" thick and 5.5lbs in weight. Get all the innovation and fun of a tabletop PC, in a more portable package.
Lenovo Horizon Cart - This rolling metal stand is easy to move around the house, so you can set your Horizon up in any room on a moment's notice. It accommodates the Horizon in desktop or table mode, and includes a tray for the keyboard and accessories. The height is adjustable for the user's comfort, whether an adult or child, and it locks into place.
- Roll easily
- Locking brakes on all four wheels
- Accessory tray
- Not ridiculously expensive