McAfee 8.8 - Residential Student Version Installation Instructions
- Go to link http://it.troy.edu/students/software.html to download and extract files for McAfee 8.8 Student version. You will need to log in with your email user name and password.
Click on “Student Virus Software”
- Choose “Save As”.
- Choose to save the file to your “desktop”.
- Click on the zipped desktop file named VSE880MLRP3.zip and choose “Extract All”.
A destination path will appear in box, click “OK”.
Look for file “SetupVSE.exe” and double-click on it.
A window will pop up asking to remove Windows Defender. Select “Yes”.
Another windows will pop up, select “Next”.
In the dropdown box, select “Perpetual” and accept the terms in the license agreement and select “OK”.
- . Make sure that “Typical” is selected then select “Next”.
Make sure that “Standard Protection” is selected and the select “Next”.
- Select “Install” to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, uncheck “Run On-Demand Scan” and click “Finish”
- McAfee will automatically update. Once complete the updater will close.
Last step, select “OK” and restart your PC.