IRS regulations state that each student who files a request to receive a 1098-T electronically must also provide his/her consent electronically.
To give your consent, log on to Self-Service and select Tax information.
Accessing your 1098-T
For instructions on how to access your 1098-T, click the following link:
The procedures to access your 1098-T form and system requirements are outlined below.
How to print or email your 1098-T form
- Access this secure site https://www.tsc1099.com/login1098.aspx to obtain your 2020 1098-T on or after January 30, 2021.
- Enter your Site ID (10296), Username and Password. The first time you enter the system you will be required to enter a new password. Select the Tax Year you want to view from the dropdown box on the left side of the screen.
- To print your 1098-T form, select 'View/Print 1098-T', and a PDF image will appear, which you can save or print.
- To email your 1098-T form, select 'Email 1098-T' and provide the address to which you want to email your 1098-T.
- For more detailed instructions please visit the How to access your 1098-T page.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
You must have Adobe's Acrobat Reader version 8.0 or higher to print your 1098-T form.
You must use Microsoft Internet Explorer (9, 10 and 11), Chrome, or Firefox along with the appropriate PC and operating system specified by the browser application to print your 1098-T form.
Please be aware that if you should choose to obtain information from this secure website via one of the above methods, you assume responsibility for the security of the images or documents.
Scope and Duration
Your consent will be valid for the current tax year, as well as all future tax years, unless consent is revoked. Your 1098-T will be available online for seven years following the close of a calendar tax year.
You may revoke your on-line selection by logging into Self-Service and canceling your consent or by sending a request (electronically or by mail) requesting a change by January 10, 2021 to:
Student Financial Services
155 Adams Administration Building
Troy, AL. 36082
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Updating Your Information
If you wish to have your name, address or Tax Identification Number updated, please contact the Troy University Records Department at 334-670-3170. Hours are from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST.